Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Upcoming PD

Just an FYI, for my faithful followers, I'll be taking the opportunity for a long weekend during this upcoming week... to go to a Professional Development conference (yay, PD funds built into my contract will reimburse me for costs of this trip!)

I'm excited to network, hear a bit from keynote speakers, participate in group sessions, and interact with fellow international school teachers! It's primarily a conference for ELL/ESL/EAL/TESOL (you fill in the blank with any other combination of acronyms that describe English-language teaching). I'll be traveling there on Friday, unfortunately missing out on AIAN's "e-ART-h Day" activities that have been planned as a fusion event, combining Art Day and Earth Day (science, nature care). And I'll be taking Monday off to travel back. It's just a two-hour flight south (a ferry ride away from Hong Kong, and in a region of China where I vacationed last December over my winter break holiday. I also visited nearby Guangzhou, so I'm looking forward to entering warmer, more humid weather in the coming weekend. I'll update more along the way. I'm sure the conference will be interesting; it has a lot to do with technology as valuable resources in the ELL classroom, but also other teaching resources and strategies within the ELL context.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!