For those of you who have heard and been concerned, asking me about the magnitude 4.6 Earthquake, 59km WSW of Linqiong, China... it was not
even anywhere close to where I am, even despite the fact that I am further south in China, traveling in Shenzhen right now for a Professional Development (PD) conference (more detail to come on that).
The epicenter was in the Sichuan province, which in southern, mainland China, far from where I'm at (China is huge, so a shake registering around 5.0 isn't so much as a shudder over here along the coast). However, the news is saying that the death toll is up nearly around 200... a
testament to the crummy quality of Chinese construction skills. It's really quite tragic, especially since a large earthquake hit the same region in 2008. I wish the Chinese government would put more building codes in place to construct safer, more sustainable edifices.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!