Translate

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Staff Holiday Party

We had our staff and faculty Holiday Party last night (Saturday). It was hosted at the Brazilian BBQ restaurant (a popular fave this year). All you can eat buffet and table-side meat delivery (for those who are carnivores)... for less than $20. The holiday cheer was in full swing, and our ayis (cleaning staff) and kitchen staff were happy to be served as well! We played a version of bingo, ate far too much, and I even got to practice my conversational Portuguese a bit (this was my 3rd or 4th time at this restaurant, and the owner knows me and we like to practice a bit of Portuñol from time to time whenever we see each other around the international community).

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the faces of some of my colleagues that I work with on a daily basis (and their families).
One side of the table:
On the left: our 5th grade teacher, Beth, and her Korean husband,
one of our bus drivers, and our art teacher, Elaine.
On my (right) side: our Head of School, Cavon, 4th grade teacher John,
and I'm in the far back on the right.

Brazilian BBQ... never-ending table-side meat service
This is Erich (owner/founder of Cup o' Joe café/Elementary School PE teacher)
and his wife Dana (AIAN Art Teacher)
Neema (MS/HS PE Teacher) and Naheed (one of my ELL Team colleagues)
Hossein (AIAN Video Editing/Media teacher) and his daughter
Hossein took many of these photos. He is opening a new photo studio nearby,
and is displaying images he took of me and Clara while she was here.
Some of our ayis (cleaning staff) on our school grounds.
The lady on the far right is the ayi who cleans my classroom.
From left to right: John (4th grade), Alex (HS Science/IT),
Cavon (Head of School) and his wife Nida (Kinder/Early Years)
We played a bingo game with all of our staff members.
Our ayis are in the foreground,
Naheed (ELL) and Kerina (1st grade) work on the left side,
and Alex (HS Science/IT) and I work in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!