It's been a while since I have posted about what's been going on at school, as far as classes and teaching go...
Every Friday, I have my students bring a current event news article to class. They are to circle and define any new vocabulary words they don't know (in English as well as in their native languages), and also share a summary of the article, in their own words (as opposed to reading directly from the text). One of today's news articles spurred a discussion about Doomsday (see our thoughts and notes from this discussion scrawled all over the board). It was weird to talk about Y2K, in reference to other "end of the world" scares, because none of these 7th were even born in the year 1999. Am I getting old?!
More about my students, classes and school stuff to come, but this is all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!