Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Global Community

This morning (Sunday), about 150 or more international, global citizens from all over the world joined together for a time of fellowship, to praise and worship the Lord. I was overwhelmed with such powerful feelings of joy and prayerfulness, in the beautiful circumstance of this intentional gathering.  So many brothers and sisters in Christ were present--Africans from Nigeria, Chad, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Mali, Ethiopia, Asians from Indonesia, Japan, all over China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, some Europeans, and many other locations. I was one of two North Americans. THESE are true Christians. Sharing and showing love for mankind. The nearly two-hour service was followed by a time of further fellowship during the weekly luncheon. There was much socialization and I was so comforted by the sense of community, even if it is a transient group. The meetings have been happening for years, but the people come and go. It's a beautiful set up. I will definitely be going back. I can't wait to meet more of these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!