Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

German Baked Goods


I have started ordering varied breads and baked goods every week. There is a German bakery based in Shanghai that delivers to many international schools and other locations in the greater-Shanghai vicinity. Thursday is delivery day at our school, AIAN. We just have to have the order submitted online by Wednesday at 4pm, and Thursday afternoon, voilá! We have fresh-baked bread! Just check out all that heavenly bread! I have been trying a different type (or a couple different types?!) each week--potato bread, rolls, cinnamon-raisen bread, cheesy breads, holiday special breads! Sooooo delish!

I might OD on carbs. It's especially hard to pace myself as I sample all of the holiday deliciousness! For our party, I ordered an array of various holiday cookies: shortbread, gingerbread, spritz, etc. It made me really miss baking Christmas cookies with my mom (which hasn't happened in years). I also ordered our Gingerbread house that we assembled and began decorating:

2 comments:

  1. I have missed the baking with you also! I'm right with you on your bakery find! I'd be doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! When you come visit, we will get some special bread for you to try!

      Delete

Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!