Translate

Monday, October 1, 2012

Recuperating and Settling In

Cup o' Joe coffee shop
(where I'm posting from right now)
My senses are coming back to life. The yummy tangerine blossom smell that so impressed me upon my arrival to Li Ren Gardens--the apartment/school complex neighborhood--last week has returned to my now-sensing nostrils. (At least I think it smells like tangerine blossoms. I have not yet been advised otherwise as to what the pleasant aroma could be attributed to. And I don't think I'm allergic to them. Yet.)

I am up and about and walking or biking the 5-15 minute walks in between my apartment and/or school or Cup o Joe coffee shop, to access the Internet. Also, daily, I have walked or biked to make a shopping trip with new friends. I've been purchasing items for settling into the apartment. Today I made a trip all by myself to a nearby store, and even caught my first tuk-tuk taxi ride back to the apartment! Here's a link to the video I took, if you're interested in what the rides are like, and I've embedded the video below as well.

Photos of the apartment and friends and everything else will be forthcoming.

Shopping center RT, where I went shopping all by myself!

4 comments:

  1. People do not hesitate to sound their horns, do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all. It is a part of the culture here. They honk to let you know they're coming up behind you, passing, or even if they know they're about to run a red light, they'll lay on the horn and sound it all the way through the intersection. Haha. Rules of the road are much different than in the U.S. You'll never want me to drive again when I come visit. Between my crazy Latin American driving tendencies, and now China...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You probably would be. It takes a change of mindset to become accustomed.

      Delete

Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!