We went to a Diwali celebration (an Indian heritage Festival of Lights) in Ningbo, hosted at one of the big hotels there, the Sofitel Wanda Plaza Yinzhou. Diwali is one of the most important festivals for families of Indian heritage around the world and, in brief summary, is a celebration of the triumph of good over evil. I just wanted to share a couple photos and video clips of some of the dancing.
| TOO BAD YOU CANNOT PARTAKE IN OUR CULINARY EXPERIENCE; WE ATE FROM A SMORGASBORD OF SOME OF THE MOST DELICIOUS, FLAVORFUL INDIAN FOODS! |
The crowd loved it.
By the end of the night, we were some of the only non-Indians left standing,
and we totally nailed this stick dance... not.
I bet you did nail the stick dance - at least better than most! Wish I could have seen it.
ReplyDeleteHaha we didn't actually get to do the stick dance. It was just a performance. I was just being sarcastic about the whole thing. But I would love to try doing it/be taught!
DeleteOn another note, when we went out after the show with the boys from the band at Oktoberfest (a few weekends ago), the boys in the band taught me how to do the jig that they danced on stage during the show. And I picked that one up pretty quickly. That was fun! I DO have that teaching session on video!)