I hope I'm not speaking to soon (knock on wood!), but internet was restored to our apartments in the Li Ren neighborhood this afternoon (6 days earlier than forecasted). So I'm taking advantage of it, and posting now!
I biked around Beilun (the district of Ningbo where we live) and basked in the sun this afternoon, and returned home to watch the sunset from the windows of floor 12 in apartment building 46, where Kari and I share a flat. Beautiful!
| No editing of any sort; this is the panorama I just shot from the view of my apartment window. No joke. |
Knockout View!
ReplyDeleteIt looks unreal, doesn't it?
DeleteLooks like they're building something between the cityscape and parking lot?
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing what you're referring to as the parking lot are the cement courts. Every night a varying array of activities take place on these courts--basketball, something akin to dance aerobics, soccer, drama practices, and other community events/activities.
DeleteAnd I'm not sure where exactly you're looking to see the building. Yes, there is construction in an oval, pit-like sort of form behind the courts, but to the foreground of the other city skyscrapers off in the distance. Not really sure what it is. Kari and I are guessing a shopping center. Kari says they've been working on it since she got here. Built some, imploded it and seemingly started over. Strange. But in general, there is construction going on absolutely everywhere. Either knocking something down, but mostly building new things up. The tall concrete structures going up in the middle-righthand side of the scape are brand new within the last several months (and unfinished). LOTS of building.
(Also, FYI, you can click on the images to make them bigger.)