 |
This time, the packing process included compiling a
detailed list of all the new medications I'm on. |
I've been preparing for my second international move this year. China will mark my passage through the 17 countries within six months' time. (In retrospect, all exhilarating, exciting, and exhausting experiences that I have been blessed to journey through!) I'd be lying if I said I'm not having a hard time in preparation for this move (how's that for a statement of double negatives?)... for a number of complicated and intertwined reasons, including my health, relationships, and just general burn out. I have been extremely emotional of late. I have many questions, doubts, fears, and anxieties for personal reasons, but also much excitement for all that is new. A new language, a new culture, a new apartment and living space in a new city, a new job, an international community at AIAN (the international school where I'll be teaching), and to be reunited with an old roomie and good friend (Kari), with new sights to behold and adventures to be had!
 |
| Visa documents coming in! |
Though emotionally conflicted and constantly questioning my decisions and what this means for my future, nevertheless, I have made this commitment to teach, having accepted the job over a month ago. The visa paperwork took a bit longer than anticipated (for my work visa, which will be processed as a resident work visa upon my arrival in China). But this Sunday, with a new Chinese visa sticker stamped in my newly-inserted extra visa page insert in my full passport, I will be on a plane headed across the world, 15 hours ahead (across the international date line and time zones). By the middle of the night Monday/Tuesday, local China time, (~11am Pacific DS time) I will be at my new home in the Beilun area (a district/region of Ningbo, China, but I'll get into details of location once I'm there).
(Check out the links to the categories to the right of this post, as well as the tabs at the top of the page that detail contact info and my new job description.)
Please pray for safety in travel, general health/healing for my physical body, clarity in decision-making, and calm and peace for emotional and mental health. Feel free to send me emails or comment on my future blog posts! I'll try to set up password protection for access to my blog, as I'll be in China (and information/privacy restrictions exist). Yes, I will still have access to Facebook and Skype and other communications, just as in the States, as I'll be employing the (legal) use of a
VPN service.
So stay tuned! Thank you for your support and interest.
Love, Lara