![]() |
| Today's weather forecast (for the Ningbo area; Beilun's weather is always slightly different because we're closer to the coast/port; so we get more fog/humidity) |
Anyway, I have had my classroom windows open in the last couple weeks as weather's been warming up (which doesn't keep the gnats or flies or construction noises or rain or smells of pesticides out). Being on the top floor of the building (heat rises!), my room is usually one of the warmer ones on campus (and the colder, less insulated one in the winter, but I've already been over that). For a room that is made of windows--nearly 1/3 of my classroom "walls" are actually glass windows--it is a shame that only two of the smaller ones open, and the "window screens" don't fit, or have holes in them, completely defeating the purpose of keeping out insects. TIC. The little ventilation provided from the open windows does almost zilch, even when my classroom door is open to create a cross breeze.
![]() |
| AirCon unit that my Elves labeled when we had a sight-word vocab contest a while back. (EVERYTHING in my classroom is now labeled) |
At the end of class when it was time to line up, I had them order themselves by most number of tissues used to least; Elf #1: six tissues (very active, normally sweaty little munchkin), Elf #2: four tissues (very tall, active, and frequently sweaty munchkin), Elf #3: two tissues (munchkin with sneezy allergies and sweaty), Elf #4: zero tissues (a petite little Korean munchkin who I don't think I've ever seen so much of a glisten or a bead of sweat from).
I'm sure you wanted to know those details. But such is life in the encroaching season of Humidity...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love to hear from those who are reading my blog!